I will try and post links to articles or PDFs where I can. If anything is behind a paywall and you would like to read it, please let me know. If there is no link, it is likely a book.
I have enjoyed reading these recently:
- "Being Glue" by Tanya Reilly
- Inherent Vice by Thomas Pynchon (I think this is my new favorite book!)
- Severance by Ling Ma
These are some of my old favorites.
- Consider the Lobster by David Foster Wallace
- So Sad Today by Melissa Broder
- "This is Water" by David Foster Wallace
- The Ghost Apple by Aaron Thier
- Absurdistan by Gary Shteyngart
- Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
- Big Machine by Victor LaValle
- On Becoming a Wizard: Strategies for Keeping Up as a New Developer by Rachel McQuater
- "Why Amazon's Data Centers Are Hidden in Spy Country " by Ingrid Burrington
- "What Your Therapist Really Thinks: 'How Can I Be Nicer?'" by Lori Gottlieb
- "Strength Doesn't Care" by Mike Tuchscherer.
- "Pressed for Time: The Acceleration of Life in Digital Capitalism" by Judy Wajcman